Making the most of your time is essential for growth and success. Today I’ll show you what your ideal week looks like and how you can actually achieve the things you set out for yourself. As Headroom, we help entrepreneurs to reach their goals, save time and get a grip on their calendar again. Today I want to do the same for you.
This is what an ordinary week looks like for most of our clients when they start.
As you can see, this looks very chaotic. Back to back meetings, no time to travel, no time to follow up. You can also see appointments, for example the ones at EY, that could have been combined to save time. This means stress, missed appointments and an overall feeling of having too much to do in too little time.
Setting specific days for specific things and working in blocks saves time and gives you focus.
Now you see what control looks like.
- Monday: internal meetings (with your team)
- Tuesday: external meetings
- Wednesday: Strategy/Brainstorm/Big Projects day (maybe outside the office)
- Thursday: internal/external meetings
- Friday: work from home to evaluate the past week, catch up on stuff you really need to do this week and prepare for next week.
Then ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you a morning person? So what activities should you do in the mornings/afternoon?
- Do you prefer to have meetings in the morning or afternoon. Block it!
- How many appointments per day (max 3, 45 minutes)
Immediate win: Start the day with a Super Hour. During this hour, you tackle your most important to do of the week, or the thing you’ve been dreading for a while. Distraction free, so no phones, email or contact with anyone.
Also very effective: Let people come to you. This saves you time and stress of public transport or traffic.
Stick to the plan
Now, what are the things you want to do but don’t have time for? Plan it!
- Morning meditation
- Yoga class two mornings a week
- Pick up kids every Wednesday and Friday afternoon
Great! When you follow the ideal week as set up right now, and be strict about it, you’ll immediately feel less stressed, you’ll have more time and you will actually achieve all the goals you’ve set out for yourselves.