During my career I have had a lot of different supporting roles within companies, including the roles: Office Manager and Personal Assistant. These are the main differences based on my personal experiences:
An Office Manager
Is really involved in business supportive tasks and supports the whole company itself. Of course this can differ per company, in some cases you have to manage the agenda of the entrepreneur as well.
A Personal Assistant (PA)
Really supports the entrepreneur himself/herself. They are equal to each other and a PA can also be a sparring partner. A PA manages the entrepreneur’s inbox, agenda (scheduling appointments based on the entrepreneur’s preferences), books private and business travels and really thinks along with the entrepreneur about how they can achieve their goals.
In addition, a PA can also support you on a personal level. They can take care of your personal life and work life so everything will be balanced and streamlined. This way the entrepreneur will have more time for family and friends #work-lifebalance!
The main differences:
- – Supports the company
- – Good IT management
- – Provides a nice workplace
- – Provides a well-stocked lunch table
- – Organizes cozy Friday afternoon drinks
- – Is an important link between employees
- – Provides personal support to the entrepreneur
- – Inbox management
- – Agenda management
- – Books business & private travel
- – Searches for restaurants & making reservations
- – Supports on a personal level
- – Provides you an optimal work-life balance